Monday, August 9, 2010

Movie Maker

Hi Everyone,



I have just used Movie Maker for the first time. Was a terrific experience and I'm very pleased with the results. This tool would be very useful in a classroom as so many experiences can be captured. I particularly like to be able to import music to the video as it creates a mood. This program was fairly simple to use and the set up pretty well gives a step by step instruction.



Photos as well as videos can be imported and it could be used in a variety of ways in the classroom including digital portfolios, student assessment and reflection on learning and also could be used in all KLA's to include creativity in these areas.



Please note: All photo's have been used with written permission and are from my private collection.





Regards,



Natalie




2 comments:

  1. Hey Nat,
    I loved your montage of Jayden and you but your music didn't work no big deal though. I totally agree that making a short movie is a terrific experience and so rewarding to see the final product at the end. If it brings us that much pleasure then I am sure no doubt children would find this tool just as enjoyable. What a good point to make in that this tool can be used in all KLA's to create creativity and enthusiasm for a subject that mabey some students are struggling in. Loved you work from Nina Simone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nina,

    Thanks for your comments. The audio worked for me before I imported it into my blog. Any ideas why? Although this Movie was not created to use for educational purposes, it is an indication for me as to how this technology can be used as a hook in a classroom. For instance, environmental issues could be raised as it is a visual for students to understand the concept. Images with audio behind it can give students a real life experience of a concept that you want them to engage in.
    So much to learn.
    thanks
    Nat

    ReplyDelete